Abersoch is situated on the peninsula of Llŷn, An Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in North Wales with wonderful views of Cardigan Bay and Snowdonia beyond.
Places to Eat
Abersoch village has 2 pubs - the Vaynol Arms and the St. Tudwal's Inn. The Sun Inn at Llanengan, renowned for bar food, is a 5 minute drive or a 20 minute stroll from Abersoch and 5 Degrees West combines lovely food with a children's play area and great views.
Abersoch has a huge variety of places to eat including bistros, bars, cocktail lounge, fish and chips and a tea shop. There is an excellent choice of restaurants in the area :
- The Venetia Boutique Hotel and Restaurant in Abersoch serves fine food and wine.
- Coconut Kitchen opposite Abersoch Harbour is quickly establishing an excellent reputation as one the best Thai restaurants around.
- Ever-popular The Hub (previously Angelinas) in Abersoch centre continues to serve great food.
- Fresh Cafe Bar and Grill is established as one of best cocktail bars in the area together with an a la carte menu including fresh, local produce.
- Plas Bodegroes is a short drive from Abersoch and offers elegant dining in a Georgian Manor House.
- The restaurant at the Porth Tocyn Hotel in Bwlchtocyn is very popular, credited with two rosettes and listed in the pages of the Good Food Guide every year since 1957.
- Finally Egryn Taste serves good pizzas in a family friendly environment as well as a choice of steak or tuna cooked at the table on 350c sizzling 'Egryn Rocks'.
Abersoch village has a variety of craft, gift, clothing and sports shops in addition to two very well stocked supermarkets.
It is a short drive to Pwllheli which has a choice of many local shops and 4 supermarkets, plus the very popular Wednesday market which sells local lamb and the famous Welsh Black beef.