Steeped in history and lying within a 75 acre exquisite estate, Talhenbont Hall is an exceptional Grade II 17th Century Manor house perfect for special occasions and large family gatherings.
On arrival the long drive winds through part of the estate giving glimpses of the grandeur that lies beyond. As the drive opens out it reveals the majestic imposing manor house and grounds with sweeping gardens leading down to the River Dwyfach, stone terraces, tennis court and large outdoor chess board. Children and adults alike will love exploring the grounds with 'The Quackery' with ducks, geese and, of course, the many resident peacocks, a Japanese water garden with stunning tea house where guests can enjoy relaxation treatments and therapies, many curios including a life size bear, traditional gypsy caravan, acres of footpath and, for the keen angler there is private salmon and trout fishing.
With the senses roused by Talhenbont Hall's grounds and exterior, the stunning interior with unrivalled splendour simply takes your breath away. From the period spacious entrance hall steps lead into a spectacular lounge with feature stone open fire place, decorative tiles floor, highly polished baby grand piano, beamed ceilings, traditional Georgian window and many antique pieces. Whilst the pure grandeur gives a sense Mr Darcy may sweep through the lounge at any point, it is also an easy to use, comfortable lounge; a perfect place for families and friends to gather and enjoy time together. A formal dining room again with exquisite period decor and stunning features lies on the ground floor alongside a snug, small modern kitchen, breakfast room with AGA, utility room and downstairs cloakroom. The fabulous staircase leads to more excitement and delight with 5 individually designed bedrooms; Bridal Suite, Lady Annabel Room, Peacock Room, Cromwell Room and Garden Room. Most notably is the Bridal Suite with fine oak panelling, a four poster bed with sumptuous mattress and a beautiful fireplace all teamed beautifully with a contemporary copper tone free standing bath. Each bedroom is impressive on its own and something to suit all personalities and preferences.
Talhenbont Hall lies at the heart of the Llyn Peninsula, just 2 miles from the pretty coastal town of Criccieth with its renowned castle and a little further to the market towns of Porthmadog and Pwllheli and within 15 miles of the seaside town of Nefyn, Llanbedrog and Abersoch.
Talhenbont Hall an also be booked for weddings and formal events with recommended caters and event managers.
- dramatic entrance hall
- court room offering an assemblage of period features and antiques from dark wood oak panelling, stone fire place and wall mounted taxidermy to cut glass decanters, tankards and fire side occasional chairs
- breathtaking lounge with beamed ceilings, decorative tiled floor and deep Chesterfield sofas and armchairs set around a stone fireplace and flat screen TV with DVD player. A highly polished baby grand piano sits elegantly in one corner whilst an antique sideboard and table sit amongst a mix of period and contemporary decorative pieces. The open fire, natural light, chandeliers and numerous lamps create a cool escape in the summer months and a warm retreat in the winter months.
- vast formal dining room with imposing oak dining table and 12 chairs, window seats, operational open fire place, elegant sideboard, table, chaise longue and harp making the room versatile from canapes to cocktails
- cosy study - a perfect hideaway with 2 armchairs, small flat screen TV, large desk and chair, well stocked book shelf and views across the front garden and tennis court
- well-equipped modern kitchen with dishwasher, American style fridge/freezer, double sink, microwave and ample storage space
- breakfast room with quarry tiled floor, pine dining table and 6 chairs, pine dresser and AGA
- utility room with quarry tiled floor, washing machine, tumble dryer, large Belfast sink and traditional ceiling mounted laundry dryers and work tables
- powder room - with quarry tiled floor, wash hand basin, wc, occasional chair and mirror
Upstairs turned pine stairs to 5 individually designed bedrooms each with views across the estate
- Bridal Suite - stunning, vast room in rich tones with dark wood panelled walls, fabulous king size four post bed with sumptuous mattress, feature fire place, large wardrobes with drawers, ornate bedside tables, dramatic lighting with chandeliers and lamps and a copper free standing bath
- Lucy Annabel Room - delicate room with white metal framed double bed, stone fireplace housing a dressing table and chair, white wardrobes, bed side tables, stunning mirrors and fabulous lighting making it a perfect dressing room for a bride
- Peacock Room - elegant room with double bed with ornate headboard with peacock design echoed in the full length curtain, fabulous wardrobes with drawer, bedside tables, antique mirrors and occasional chairs
- Cromwell Room - dramatic room with dark wood panelling, 2 full-size single beds, set amongst wardrobes with drawers, dark wood antique chest of drawers and bed side table, leather high back chair and some historic paintings and photographs
- Garden Room - contemporary bedroom which can be offered as one super king or twin beds, coordinating built in wardrobes and vanity unit with wash hand basin and pretty cherub lighting to watch over guests
- family bath and shower room with roll top free standing modern bath and double shower cubicle with rain shower, wash hand basin and pretty lighting
- contemporary double shower room with feature traditional patterned tile floor, double shower cubicle with rain shower, wash hand basin and wc, lovely exposed beams and lighting
- traditional single shower room with shower cubicle and electric shower, wash hand basin set in a dark wood vanity unity with storage
- cloakroom with wash hand basin and wc
- lovely large landscaped gardens, which are a real feature of the property with established borders
- terrace with several sets of white painted cast iron table and chairs ideal for outdoor informal and formal dining and giant chess board with pieces
- Japanese Tea House ideal for relaxing and meditation; treatments can be booked prior to arrival if required
- 'The Quackery' with ducks and geese and resident peacocks
- extensive grounds with many hidden gems amongst a selection of specialist plants and flowers; find the life size bear, the traditional gypsy caravan and much more to dazzle the senses of children and adults
- private salmon and trout fishing on the River Dwyfach which runs through the estate
- feature external terrace and extensive steps leading down to the River Dwyfach, several seats along the river to enjoy the serenity of the estate and fabulous view back to the hall
- gravelled courtyard with parking space for several cars
- exquisite period property refurbished sympathetically to a high standard
- fabulous estate with river, tennis court, wildlife, walks and curios
- oil fired central heating and open fire
- starter pack for fire included
- bed linen, heating and electricity, towels included
- WiFi included
- pets welcome by arrangement at £50 per week
- travel cot and high chair available
- Dragon Raiders activity park Segway and Bear Grylls survival academy is close by and discounts are available for guests at Talhenbont Hall
- NB: taxidermy on display, no stairgate available and some steep steps, some of the grounds share with 4 holiday cottages in the grounds
- no smoking
- £500 security deposit requested please
At a Glance
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets allowed
- WiFi available
- Open Fire/Wood Burner
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Travel Cot
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- No Smoking
- Private Parking
- 2.5 miles from a shop
- 1.2 miles from the nearest pub
- 2.7 miles from the coast
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.
Dineindulge Dineindulge - private dining service
Enjoy private dining in the comfort of your holiday property. Dineindulge offer a personal chef service with restaurant quality cuisine from only £25 per perso...
Visiting Spa Company Escape & Unwind Treatment Package
Couples, groups or individuals can book a 2, 3 or 4 hour treatment package from as little as £22 per person and enjoy some blissful indulgence and relaxation.
- £175.00 - £265.00