The Shippons is a charming converted building located within the grounds of Bwlch Farm on the edge of Abersoch. Restored and renovated to a high standard, The Shippons combines a stylish mix of Welsh and French antique and traditional touches alongside modern conveniences. The Shippons is a great holiday home for a large family or two families sharing, within walking distance of a local family friendly pub and only a short drive to all of Abersoch and the Llyn Peninsula's beaches and amenities.
Externally, The Shippons offers a lovely front open garden with pretty dining table and chairs and internally, a spacious open plan kitchen, dining and living room, a further lounge ideal for larger groups and four individually styled bedrooms with family bathroom and additional en suite.
spacious entrance hall leading to
- open plan living room/kitchen/dining room with lovely exposed beams
- fully equipped modern kitchen area with range cooker, extractor fan, larder style fridge with freezer compartment, dishwasher, microwave, ample storage and side window with countryside view
- dining area with large dining table and 10 dining chairs, window and French doors with view over the front garden
- living room area with antique chaise longue and 2 co-ordinating armchairs, stone fireplace, wall mounted TV with Freeview, French doors leading to a rear patio
- spacious lounge with 2 large comfortable sofas and 3 armchairs, occasional chair, flatscreen TV with Freeview, lovely stone fireplace, antique tables, chess table with carved chairs, feature armoire display cabinet, grandfather clock and stunning original exposed beams
- bedroom 1 - stylish master bedroom off living room/kitchen/dining room with sumptuous antique double bed, antique chest of drawers, bureau, bedside tables, occasional chair, coat stand, window with countryside views fabulous en suite shower room with large walk-in digital shower, wash hand basin, WC, bidet, heated towel rail and underfloor heating
- bedroom 2 - very large end bedroom with super king-size bed, single day bed with additional pull-out single bed underneath, sofa, table and chair, coat stand and occasional chair, exposed beams, lovely decorative pieces throughout, large window and French doors leading onto the front garden
- family bathroom - bath with mixer shower attachment, wash hand basin, WC and mirror with light
- bedroom 3 - pretty double bedroom with double bed, chest of drawers, hanging space and occasional chair
- bedroom 4 - nautical twin bedroom with twin beds, chest of drawers, bedside table and hanging space
- utility room - sink, worktop, washing machine, ironing board, iron and undercounter fridge
- open front lawned garden and raised patio terrace with outdoor dining table and chairs and benches
- rear raised patio with two reclining chairs
- path leading to the front door
- parking for vehicles at front of cottage
- barbecue available
- please note that The Shippons is located in the grounds of Bwlch Farm with 4 additional holiday homes. Ty Woms, which sleeps 2, Y Betws and Nyth y Wennol both sleeping 4 and Y Stabl sleeping 8 can be rented alongside The Shippons
- bed linen and tea towels provided
- travel cot and highchair available
- central heating throughout
- electricity and heating included
- families only
- pets welcome by arangement, subject to a fee of £50 per week
- short breaks available
- can be rented with Ty Woms, Y Betws Nyth y Wennol and Y Stabl cottages next door
At a Glance
- Friday changeover
- Sleeps 10
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet allowed
- WiFi available
- Bed Linen Provided
- Travel Cot
- Washing Machine
- No Smoking
- Private Parking
- 1 mile from a shop
- 0.4 mile from the nearest pub
- 1.2 miles from the coast
Lovely property, thoughtfully and beautifully furnished, very well equipped kitchen, more than suitable for the numbers accommodated in the property. Would have liked another proper shower in the property rather than the bath with hand shower - Wifi was a little hit and miss. Excellent location - close enough to Abersoch and beautiful walks to Hells Mouth and onwards.Mrs Jayne Smith - 26th October 2017
The cottage was fantastic, we had a great stay. It was much bigger than anticipated and housed 10 of us plus the dog very well! The owner Mary was lovely and helpful. Would definitely stay again. Mrs C Clarke - 5th September 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Cadw 20% Off Cadw Membership
By being a member of Cadw you will get unlimited entrance to over 100 historical sites across Wales. On top of that Cadw membership also includes:50% off ...
Dylan's Restaurant Dylan's Hamper
Bring a little bit of Dylan’s Restaurant to your holiday home by ordering their hamper exclusive to Abersoch Holiday Homes.
Rib Ride Boat Tours 10% off Anglesey Boat Tour
Book an unbeatable adventure with Wales’ best adventure boat tour company and get 10% off any trip.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Dragonfly Tea 20% off Dragonfly Tea
There’s nothing better than relaxing with a delicious cup of tea on your holiday, so we’re offering you 20% off Dragonfly Tea’s wonderful range.
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Celebratory Wine Selection
A true Prosecco lovers case! No excuse is needed for this beautiful selection (so don’t let others tell you any different!). Start with the wonderful flor...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 6 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This 6 bottle classic case is perfect for those wanting to try something of everything – carefully selected to incorporate crowd pleasers from across the ...
- Normal price
Visiting Spa Company Bespoke Treatment Package
Make your holiday extra special by tailoring a luxurious pamper treatment package to suit your exact requirements. We'll contact you to agree details and pr...
Europcar Car Hire
Europcar, our preferred car hire partner, are offering you great quality UK car hire at affordable prices. With our dedicated offer you will save up to 20%.